Director, Lung Publications & Scientific Content
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Medical Publications organization's mission is to support the development of high quality medical publications to ensure clear, scientific communication of BMS data enabling the safe, appropriate use of and access to BMS medicines.
The Director, Lung Publications and Scientific's will be part of a high performing, cross-functional lung publication and scientific matrix team engaged in the planning, integration and execution of medical publication and related scientific content activities globally. He/she will work collaboratively across key matrix teams to ensure timely publications of data and development of scientific content. This role will be report to the lung Publications & Scientific Content Lead
Roles and Responsibilities this hybrid role will be:
Publications Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development of key publications by ensuring the clear, accurate and scientifically rigorous scientific communication of BMS data to inform the medical community about our lung clinical program
- Serve as the subject matter expert on publication-related matters involving the publication plan and as a publications point of contact for key stakeholders
- Demonstrate understanding of the disease area, medical strategies & objectives necessary to provide strategic input to senior stakeholders and leadership on matters related to publication planning & data dissemination/disclosure at a portfolio level
- Facilitate decision making during planning & execution process through effective alignment across a broad range key internal stakeholders (Development Team, Clinical Development, Translational Medicine, Global Biostatistics, & Market teams, Health Outcomes & Alliance/Clinical collaboration stakeholders)
- Ensure plans are adjusted in accordance with clinical trial results/milestones and changes in the market healthcare landscape, monitoring the external medical and scientific information landscape and for leading internal process improvements to stay the leader in the field, and enable BMS to be viewed as the top partner of choice by healthcare professionals
- Partner with Publication Operations and Execution leads to assess, plan, & allocate resources (budget, bio-statistical services) to ensure timely delivery of high quality communications
- Manage 3rd-party providers and independent contractors to ensure the timely delivery of quality publications
- Promote and reinforce good publication practices and principles among authors and internal publication stakeholder community ensuring all medical publications are being authored, written and reviewed according to GPP3 and BMS processes
- Create a team environment and culture which emphasizes teamwork, cooperation, personal accountability and a commitment to quality
- Anticipates risks and identifies solutions beyond area of direct responsibility through the enterprise lens
Scientific Content Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop Scientific Content deliverables aligned with publication plan to ensure internal stakeholders understanding of scientific data and their readiness to external stakeholder engagement
- Solicit and understand Market-level scientific content needs and reflect it accordingly in content deliverables to ensure relevance and applicability to local market
- Monitor the external medical and scientific information landscape, identifying trends in content inquiry and aligning and adjusting to relevant trends to better meet customer needs through internal process improvements
- Work across Medical Capability and obtain to obtain critical insights ensuring development of relevant, strategic and scientifically differentiating medical communications that align with overall asset development strategy.
- Champion the global standardization of scientific content development by eliminating redundancies in resource utilization and number of deliverables.
- Advanced degree: PharmD, PhD or MD in a science subject or biomedical degree preferred; Certification as a Medical Publication Professional (CMPP) desirable.
- 7- 10 years of Pharma/Healthcare industry experience, in both a regional and global capacity; experience in customer facing roles is a plus
- Scientific expertise in Oncology is a must
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre & post-launch and marketed)
- Proven ability to think strategically at an enterprise level and lead teams to make strategic decisions even under conditions of ambiguity, evolving landscapes and tight timelines
- Adept at building credibility with external investigators & collaborative partners, evidenced by strong leadership behaviors and excellence in the science
- Understanding of good publication practices and guidance (GPP3, ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct, and other guidance related to post-marketing practices and scientific data communication
- Understanding of clinical trial design and execution, statistical methods and clinical trial data reporting requirements
- Demonstrated track record of leading and executing in highly matrix environment working across wide range of functional areas Medical, Health Outcomes, R&D, regulatory, and legal teams
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with exceptional time management skills are required for this highly visible global position
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple, conflicting priorities in rapidly evolving, fast paced, complex environment with successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to drive teams to effectively manage timelines while ensuring highest quality using strong organizational, communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills working collaboratively across a matrix, multiple markets and global geographies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite applications and familiarity with publication management tools & systems (Datavision)
- Ability to travel domestically and international
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.