Senior / Principal Medicinal Chemist
Kezar Life Sciences, a publicly traded Bay Area (South San Francisco) clinical stage biotech, seeks a highly motivated medicinal chemist at the senior/principal scientist level to join our discovery effort. Our multi-indication small molecule program takes aim at known and novel therapeutic targets subject to protein homeostasis. This position provides an exciting opportunity for major scientific and strategic roles in the research and development of novel therapies for serious diseases.
This position will involve the efficient design and hands-on synthesis of novel compounds for ongoing and emerging projects, identification and application of prevailing SAR to compound design, and team-driven optimization of drug-like clinical candidates. Responsibilities will also include translating to large scale the chemistries of successful candidates, contribution to patent and publication preparation and near-term management of CRO-driven collaborations.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry, 4-8 years of industry experience
- Record of accomplishment as evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Detailed and current knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and experience in route design of complex molecules
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles, PKDM concepts and therapeutic targets
- Demonstrated identification and application of SAR toward lead compound optimization
- Knowledge and understanding of safe operating practices
- Flexibility to work simultaneously on multiple projects under tight timelines and changing priorities
- Effective communication/scientific discourse amongst different disciplines, internally and externally
- Innovative spirit and willingness to join a highly collaborative group of scientists in a fast-paced, early stage company.