Scientist I, Histology
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in South San Francisco and Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
In this position, the successful candidate will apply her/his science laboratory skills and expertise to develop and implement single- and multiplex immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescent (IF) assays to contribute to Atreca’s antibody-target characterization research utilizing digital imaging/analysis. The position reports to the leader of Histology Analytics.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize experience in immunohistochemical (IHC) and immunofluorescent (IF) techniques on mammalian tissue sections to develop and implement histology assays, including single- and multiplexing.
- Generate experimental data using a variety of imaging modalities.
- Utilize digital image analysis applications to generate quantitative data.
- Follow SOPs for data documentation.
- Provide scientific input and execute experimental plans.
- Maintenance, inventorying, and tracking of collected/acquired tissues, slides, and images.
- Tissue processing (FFPE and fresh frozen) and slide preparation
- Work collaboratively on multiple concurrent projects and coordinate activities with other team members.
- Discuss and present experimental data and research findings in both written and oral formats.
- Ph.D. degree in cancer biology, immunology, or related discipline or MS with 8+ years of research experience in histology or biology related field.
- Absolutely Required: experience in tissue processing, histological slide preparation, antigen retrieval, immunohistochemical/immunofluorescent multiplex staining, and slide imaging.
- Excellent bench skills, and familiarity with experimental design and data analysis tools.
- Must have excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work independently under timeline in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with digital image analysis platforms is a plus.
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.