Nkarta Therapeutics, Inc. is a private biotech start-up that is harnessing the power of Natural Killer cells in developing next generation cellular immunotherapies for cancer. NK cells play a key role in the body’s immune system, able to identify and kill abnormal cells by monitoring their expression of activating and inhibitory receptors and recruit the adaptive immune system.
Nkarta will combine its NK expansion platform with further proprietary cell engineering technologies to build differentiated products designed to tackle challenging diseases with significant unmet clinical need.
We are currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated research associate to join our team.
- Conducts pharmacological evaluation of test agents (cell products or small molecule) in subcutaneous, systemic and orthotopic in vivo oncology models.
- Assists in sample processing, homogenization, or generation of single cell suspensions for ex vivo flow cytometry analysis or PCR analysis
- Contributes to preclinical research through development or validation of new tumor models.
- Performs research and/or development independently or in collaboration with other senior scientists.
- Ensures compliance with good laboratory practices and other regulatory guidelines.
- Understands and implements study protocol according to AAALAC and other guidelines.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
- B.Sc. in the Biological Sciences or closely related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience or M.Sc. with 1 years of experience, preferably within the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology sector.
- Extensive and diverse hands-on experience with various rodent models of oncology and immunological pharmacodynamic responses, with excellent skills in animal dosing (i.v., s.c. required) and tissue collection.
- Ability to independently design, coordinate, and execute in vivo and ex vivo studies. Timely production of quality data and accurate record keeping.
- Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment to contribute to shared project and organizational goals.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced drug discovery environment with enthusiasm and persistence regardless of challenges.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate both oral and written scientific results and conclusions to peers, supervisor and department teams
Nkarta offers a creative, team-oriented scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package