Sr. Director, Medical Affairs
Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are currently seeking a Senior Director, Scientific Affairs/Medical Affairs to join Whole Biome’s Clinical Team in our San Francisco, CA office. As our Senior Director, Scientific Affairs, you will work directly with our Chief Medical Officer and members of the Clinical Department to provide medical support for clinical development activities, provide scientific/medical/clinical/support for marketing, serve as a resource for R & D, and pursue external academic relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Provide medical oversight and clinical support for clinical studies
- Participate in crafting study designs and analysis plans
- Provide medical and clinical expertise for support of company activities Under supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, co-author and coordinate manuscript preparation for submission to high quality scientific journals
- Establish and maintain an efficient, collaborative relationship with all internal functions
Medical Marketing Support:
- Assist with studies to support marketing
- Provide scientific and medical input to marketing messages
- Create and maintain an integrated publication plan
- Support the creation of various science-based white papers
Medical Affairs Activities:
- Educate the medical and academic communities regarding the microbiome
- Identify and develop relationships with key academic investigators who are potential collaborators
- Work with regional thought leaders to develop effective programs to increase microbiome knowledge amongst clinicians
- Solicit appropriate investigator-initiated studies and preclinical collaborations
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in life sciences, biological science, nursing or medical science
- At least 3 years of experience in conducting company sponsored and/or investigator initiated clinical trials evaluating product efficacy and safety (therapeutic or diagnostic)
- Experience giving clinical presentations to medical audiences including physicians and allied health care physicians
- Experience in building positive, collaborative relationships with members of the academic community
- Knowledge and experience with GCP standards
- Experience in clinical and preclinical protocol design
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and contribute in a multi-functional fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively with marketing and R&D teams
- Effective and concise communicator
- Interest and experience in educating audiences with varied scientific backgrounds regarding mechanism of action(s) and clinical utility
Whole Biome's team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.