Senior Accounting Manager
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Senior Manager of Accounting to join the Finance team. This new role will support a dynamic and high growth organization that is radically changing the biotechnology industry. This position will report to the Controller and assist in educating/mentoring and training the Accounting staff and stakeholders across the Company on our financial policies and processes. The successful candidate must be comfortable challenging the status quo, driving change, managing through uncertainty and supporting a fast-paced organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute daily accounting activities, including general ledger, procurement, accounts payable, cash management, payroll processing, fixed assets and financial reporting.
- Oversee and perform the month end close process, including preparing and reviewing account reconciliations, general journal entries and variance analyses, while ensuring the records and financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Drive improvements in the close process in order to ensure a high quality, accuracy, and efficiency, while ensuring policies and procedures are followed and comply with the requirements equivalent to a Sarbanes Oxley environment.
- Establish, align, and drive the monthly financial reporting process, including key meetings with management to review and obtain sign-off on financial results and variance analysis.
- Identify, communicate, and properly record complex life science accounting transactions, including collaborations, clinical accruals, and any new accounting standards.
- Oversee payroll processing, including setting up and submitting payroll batches to the Controller and HR Manager for review and approval prior to processing.
- Assist with the preparation of various supporting tax schedules for Federal and State income tax returns, research tax credits, and the annual tax provision for financial reporting purposes.
- Prepares State annual reporting, registrations, property tax renditions and supporting schedules.
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day direction to accounting team while promoting a collaborative team environment.
- Assist in the development of, and strategies to achieve, departmental initiatives and goals.
- Support the financial audits, including the preparation of requested audit schedules.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including but not limited to FP&A, Procurement, and functional business owners.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience.
- 8+ years of combined public accounting and industry experience in a publicly-traded mid-size biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device company.
- Demonstrated success in driving process improvements, including significantly accelerating quarter-end close and reporting processes.
- Proactive, responsive and timely problem solver with outstanding project management skills, acute attention to detail, drives processes and deadlines.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to bring people together to work collaboratively across functional teams.
- Experience leading teams and a desire to develop others.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, life science accounting transactions, including collaborations and clinical accruals.
- Possess broad knowledge of accounting concepts, superior analytical skills and knowledge of the biotech industry in order to identify and raise issues and develop standards, policies and SOPs for the Accounting organization in support of key business processes.
- Possess strong SOX internal controls knowledge and ability to manage and drive fully compliant quarter-end close process.
- Technical accounting research and documentation skills.
- Knowledge of accounting and enterprise business system.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format referencing job SMA2019.09.05 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.