Embedded Software Engineer
At ACON labs, we are making a difference in medical care by offering medical devices for diagnosing a variety of conditions. In addition, we are able to streamline and reduce costs for the physician and/or patient directly.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our R&D team to develop embedded firmware and Windows based applications for medical diagnostic equipment and instrumentation products.
The essential duties/responsibilities for this position are:
• Follow appropriate methodologies, work processes and SOPs defining how to work within design controls for FDA and ISO regulatory guidelines;
• Support, maintain and document software functionality;
• Manage priorities and setbacks while executing on project priorities;
• Work independently in the design, coding and documentation of software applications for medical electronic products;
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to develop system and subsystem specifications.
Requirements of the position:
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
• Minimum of 10 years programming experience in C (C++ is a plus) for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of data structures, and implementing highly optimized code;
• Knowledge of ARM or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures and structured software development process;
• Must be conscientious of and possess a positive attitude toward establishing and meeting project schedules and deadlines;
• Must be able to manage project and timelines effectively, organize work priorities and effectively interact with other team members;
• Experience with lab tools: Logic Analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG/ICE debuggers and protocol analyzers;
• Experience in development of graphical user interfaces on modular small screen LCDs;
• Experience taking over and maintaining an existing codebase, software test generation and implementation.
• Experience in medical devices or similarly controlled software development program is a plus;
• Experience with .Net based languages such as C# and Visual Basic is a plus.
This position is located in our corporate office in San Diego’s biotech community. As an employee you’ll enjoy our competitive benefits and compensation packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. We invite qualified candidates to consider a career with us by submitting your resume.