Senior Director FP&A
The Senior Director of FP&A will lead a global team with professionals based in Santa Monica, CA (company headquarters) and Stockley Park, UK (EMEA regional HQ). The incumbent will be responsible for driving, consolidating, and delivering FP&A activities by leading teams responsible for revenues, operating expense and headcount. This role will report to the Kite CFO.
Key objectives of the FP&A team are to partner with Kite Executives and their teams, provide standardized and best-in-class financial analysis, reporting and insights, to support decision making and allocation of resources across our functions and geographies. It drives or facilitates processes including the annual budget, 3 year plans/LEs, interim forecasts/scenarios, quarterly close, and periodic or ad hoc analyses.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Achieve excellence in our formal Budget/LE cycles, quarter and year-end Close work, earnings call preparation and guidance, Executive team updates, and strategic/long-range planning. This includes establishing the FP&A calendar and helping to guide/facilitate the processes
- Deliver consolidations, analyses and outputs that synthesize, distill, and clearly communicate key business trends and insights, variances to plan, future drivers, and opportunities and risks, leveraging and demonstrating strong command of our business and its key performance drivers
- Identify, facilitate, and drive continuous improvement and best practice sharing worldwide
- Examples of the above could include automated dashboards, analytical tools to support risks & opportunities analysis and scenario planning, resource allocation, as well as cross-functional project work to improve business reviews and develop a consistent set of metrics/KPIs
- Effectively lead cross functional/multi-department teams, as required
- Lead a global team of approximately 10 finance professionals. Provide managerial leadership and guidance to direct reports, and build a highly capable team through attraction, training and employee development
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- The candidate will possess years of experience commensurate with a senior FP&A role, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility, including as a senior finance leader and partner supporting a complex business
- Prior experience in biopharma or healthcare industry - including commercial operations in the US and worldwide markets - is preferred
- Breadth and depth of financial planning and analysis experience. Managerial experience in coordination of processes such as budgets, forecasts, and strategic/long-range plan
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
- Prior experience leading a sizable team, including more senior professionals and managing managers
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required
- In depth knowledge of Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required, with proficiency in Microsoft tools
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and leadership skills; intellectual curiosity
- Communication skills, including the ability to grasp but distill the details and key drivers of a complex business
- Proven business partnering capability - including the maturity and awareness to strike the right balance between supporting and challenging the business
- Business savvy, financial acumen, and ability to see the big picture. Technical knowledge and skills in analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a thought leader, yet hands-on when necessary
- Proven leadership skills including ability to set a vision, inspire and motivate a team, and champion change
- Track record for leading, attracting, and developing a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support the business
- Independent self-starter, with proactive drive for continuous improvement and challenging the status quo in a constructive way to raise the bar
- Results-orientation, entrepreneurial 'can do' attitude, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Strong drive to meet and exceed goals, willingness to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the'EEO is the Law'poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.