Associate Director - Digital Data Engineer
AbbVie's Information Research organization is looking for a technical leader to support our digital team. The chosen candidate will be a self-starter, able to work efficiently and collaboratively, able to deliver the right things with limited guidance, able to deal with ambiguity, passionate about innovating, have a sharp customer focus, and be able to make technical trade-offs between short-term business needs and long-term technical excellence. This position presents an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in the digital arena (IoT, wearables, sensors), and be part of a team shaping the future technology state for AbbVie's R&D organization. The chosen candidate will help drive the definition, system architecture, and cross-functional technology services to enable our business partners in achieving their goals.
In this role, you will:
In this role, you will:
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple services, teams, and locations.
- Be expected to make those around you better, participate in the end to end process of designing new software and solutions.
- You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
- Use your technology acumen to provide input to assist with evaluation of new technologies and contribute to the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services
- Manage technical components of projects.
- Participate in setting strategic technology directions for a given business need.
- Evaluate and recommend products and systems in key technology areas relevant to the delivery of services.
- Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise and serves as resource to other team members.
- Participates and contributes to teams involved in the design, development and deployment of digital solutions for clients
- Ensures technology and business solutions represent business requirements Be very hands on in developing technical solutions supporting our digital transformation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required, including 5+ years in a life science organization
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Technical expertise and/or demonstrated breadth of knowledge with the concepts and methodologies centered around data collected directly from clinical trial participants.
- An understanding of the technology landscape supporting digital health, wearables and sensors (IoT)
- Deep knowledge of clinical development processes and business strategy, including, but not limited to GxP, PII and working in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate and lead technical teams working on-shore and off-shore
- Demonstrates ability to quickly learn new tools based on conceptual understanding of technology and translates tools to business
- Demonstrates ability to build data models supporting complex transformation needs across functional areas .