Professional Sales Representative - Philadelphia/South Jersey, New Jersey
The Professional Sales Representative is responsible for implementing Assertio's marketing strategy by delivering proficient sales presentations to a defined list of current and prospective customers. In the assigned territory, the Professional Sales Representative will utilize all marketing and selling materials designed for a respective audience. Customers include but are not limited to physicians, healthcare providers, retail/wholesale accounts, and hospitals/clinics.
- Creates product demand by effectively executing marketing strategy
- Develops and implements robust territory business plans centered on performance; meet or exceed territory productivity requirements
- Conducts an assertive selling approach with customers combining individualized selling methods with approved marketing tools
- Demonstrates high-level proficiency in utilizing business data and analysis to set a clear course of action
- Expert in creating a long-term plan for enhancing customer relationship and leveraging managed care opportunity
- Effectively leverages Specialty Pharmacies to drive sales results
- Demonstrates high level skill in developing and working with Regional/Local KOLs
- Demonstrates account management sales execution based on creating product value to the prescriber, which includes customer satisfaction and rigorous application of company resources
- Demonstrates highly effective territory management and superior selling competencies
- Demonstrates sales strategy in linking each call to the next call to the entire call continuum with immediate follow up on pending issues
- Demonstrates the ability of developing self to drive and enhance performance
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments by sharing knowledge, experience and information
- Represent products in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner
- Effective management of territory resources and budget
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preferred degree in life sciences, business, and healthcare
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without sponsorship in the future
- Minimum of 2 years of strong B2B and/or previous Pharma sales, biotech sales or medical device sales, including strong results-oriented technical sales experience. Experience preferred in the areas of Pain Management and Neurology
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel)
- Should reside in territory geography or be willing to relocate
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record
- Authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to travel via airplane
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position of up to 20 lbs. on occasion
- Ability to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and written instructions
- Ability to organize and prioritize own works schedule
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Assertio is proud to create a culture of inclusion and diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities and to disabled veterans in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a medical condition or disability, please email email@example.com or call 224-441-6867 for assistance.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.