Associate Scientist, Upstream
Position: Research Associate/Scientist
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate/Scientist to join our Protein Therapeutics group as part of the Process Development function. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of our research team and with other researchers aimed at developing novel protein therapeutics.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform routine cell culture work (media prep, cell passaging, scale-up)
- Operate Cell Counter, Biochemical analyzer, autoclave, other analytical equipment
- Work on establishing process optimization, robustness and executing on late stage process characterization using bench top bioreactors for the evaluation of medium and processes
- Perform hands on execution and documentation of upstream cell culture experiments in the laboratory ranging from small shake flasks to miniature bioreactors (such as the AMBR) to benchtop bioreactors
- Expertise in glycan optimization- desirable
- Protein sample preparation for further analysis- desirable, AKTA FPLC
- Participate on project teams to develop antibody- and fusion protein-based biologics.
- Be highly effective in collaborating with internal and external team members and CRO's and CDMO’s
- Apply strict attention to detail and adherence to timelines/deliverables.
- Prepare/present reports to supervisor and project team in a timely manner.
- Must have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry/cell culture/chemical engineering or relevant biological sciences.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in industry or academia with strong experience in aseptic technique
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with different bioreactor operations including scale-up and tech transfer
- Experience with analytical and molecular biology methods (gel-electrophoresis, PCR, Western, Elisa etc) is a strong plus.