Senior Engineer, Technology II
Our Business Technology Systems (BTS) division at the AbbVie Bioresearch Center in Worcester, MA is looking for a Senior Technology Engineer II to join their team. As a Senior Technology Engineer II, you will be the principal designer for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs. Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data, software, and technology solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead engineer in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Engineers will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Software, Data, or Infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Conceive, design, engineer, and implement software and technology solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level on all phases of application programming and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g. host based, distributed systems, client server, software, hardware, technologies and tools, etc.).
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to software design and development, programming languages, data integration, data warehousing, data analysis and visualization tools, data storage, network connectivity, and virtualization/cloud environments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor. Keeps key stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and recommend the most efficient and cost-effective application programming solution. May code new or modified programs reuse existing code using program development software alternatives and/or integrates purchased solutions.
- Matures and leverages relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more and guide and evaluate the performance of those individuals; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 12+ years of experience; Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 10+ years of experience.
- Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 6 years of experience in application program development is preferred.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area's functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced the business.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Proven track record of effective leadership and positive results
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities
- Innovative thinking and the ability to leverage experience to influence business partners
- Deep analytical skills
- Project and resource management skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Be able to clearly define and document high level solutions and system architecture