COMPUTATIONAL BIOPHYSICIST Location: New York, NY or Toronto, ON Black Diamond Therapeutics
is a next-wave cancer precision medicine company. Black Diamond pioneered the development of selective medicines for patients with genetically defined cancers driven by oncogenes activated by allosteric mutations. Using its mutation, allostery and pharmacology (MAP) computational and discovery platform, Black Diamond is uncovering new ways to functionally assess the mutational landscape of individual oncogenes - to discover and validate new targets and develop novel approaches to creating highly selective therapeutics. Black Diamond has an immediate need for a Computational Biophysicist. Reporting to the Director of Computational Sciences & Proteomics, the incumbent will perform in silico simulations to investigate the structure and dynamics of oncogenes a nd help drive drug discovery projects through close collaboration with others to reshape and extend the pipeline of precision oncology medicines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Actively participate in a multi-disciplinary collaborative drug discovery team
• Determine local and large-scale flexibility in proteins and conformational changes associated with protein oligomerization by performing molecular dynamics simulations.
• Be proficient and use various software packages, such as CHARMM, AMBER, NAMD, GROMACS, DESMOND, Bio3D, Rosetta and VMD.
• Have expertise with MD force fields, coarse-grained elastic network models and normal mode analysis of molecular intrinsic fluctuation and deformation.
• Have extensive knowledge of protein structures determined by various techniques, including X-ray, NMR and cryo-EM.
• Hands-on programming, scripting, high-throughput data analysis and cloud-computing experience.
• Compare computational simulation data with other experimental data using statistical and machine learning methods.
• Ph.D. and/or advanced degree in molecular biophysics, structural biology, biochemistry, computational chemistry or related scientific discipline
• At least 4+ years of substantial experience (industry preferred) in molecular dynamics (MD) simulation of proteins using common molecular dynamics simulation software packages
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Collaborative and productive team player within a dynamic multidisciplinary environment.
Black Diamond Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages all applications. Diversity and inclusion are important core values and will encourage our creativity and growth as a company. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected will be invited for an interview.