Scientist, Protein Biochemistry
Who we are
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
Atreca's IRC technology identifies anti-tumor human antibodies in a highly accurate and precise fashion. Our goal is to apply this technology to elucidate and characterize novel tumor targets and associated biologic processes that were selected for attack by the patient's immune system. In this position, the successful candidate will apply their skills and expertise in protein biochemistry to further understand the unique biology associated with our targets and contribute to the clinical application of our antibodies using protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques. These include protein and carbohydrate arrays, immunoprecipitation, and other protein biochemistry techniques. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in molecular biology and protein biochemistry as related to the identification and characterization of proteins driving tumorigenesis.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize expertise in characterizing proteins and protein-protein interactions to identify targets of Atreca lead antibodies
- Perform protein purification including immunoprecipitation from radiolabeled cell lysates
- Perform mechanism of action studies, including studies conducted in coordination with translational sciences, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology teams
- Manage one or more research associates
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- PhD with post-doctoral experience, preferably in immunology, tumor biology, cell biology or related field with a strong emphasis on protein biochemistry; 1-3 years of relevant industry experience preferred
- Experience characterizing molecular mechanisms of tumorigenesis using protein biochemistry and/or molecular biology techniques
- Experience in molecular biology and recombinant protein expression in eukaryotic systems a plus
- Protein microarray experience highly desirable
- Experience with lipid and/or carbohydrate biochemistry a plus
- Experience managing research associates or technicians is required
- Experience with tumor and tumor cell line transcriptome and/or proteome profiling is a plus
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience.
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.