We deliver fit for purpose integrated biomarker in our clinical trial bringing to bear diverse expertise and knowledge in genetics, genomics, imaging, protein and cellular biology, digital devices, and state of the art data sciences. Our innovative spirit enables the development and application of ground breaking technologies that address key clinical questions across many disease area strategies.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior Investigator (Associate director), Biomarker Development Molecular Cellular Sciences you will partner with disease area, translational medicine and biomarker experts to define and execute robust “fit for purpose” biomarker strategy that address key scientific and clinical questions.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Identify cellular and soluble biomarker needs and gaps in early projects and leading the evaluation and implementation of innovative technical solutions.
• Working with project teams in the interpretation of cellular and soluble biomarker data in the context of clinical trial results.
• Partner with outsourcing functions to identify and evaluate new CROs according to project, technical and quality needs, drive transitioning and monitoring of internally developed assays to external vendors
• Lead projects according to the appropriate SOPs and guidelines in compliance with Novartis quality expectations
JOB REQUIREMENTS: What you will bring to the role:
• PhD or MD in Immunology or cell biology or equivalent experience and 5+ years of industry experience in immunology or related fields
• Extensive understanding, knowledge and experience in flow cytometry, ligand binding assay and/or mass spectrometry technologies and applications
• Extensive experience in the implementation of biomarker analyses in clinical studies according to international guidelines
• Proven ability to work and lead in a global organization and scientific environment
• Solid understanding of tools, practices and processes employed in early clinical trial settings and drug development
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer outstanding benefits and competitive salaries. However, we can offer more. Here you will:
• Play a significant role in clinical development to define disease stage or progression, predict the safety or efficacy of medication, select a group of patients who would benefit most from a given therapy, and identify additional clinical indications suitable for a drug, across all indications
• Join a global group of ~110 associates in Basel Switzerland, Cambridge Massachusetts, East Hanover New Jersey and Shanghai, China.
• Work with the latest technologies
• Be part of an outstanding organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That is how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we are proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to seek the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.