DMPK / Pharmacology Manager/Sr. Manager
Uniquely positioned to enhance quality of life in aging, at Alkahest, we are pioneering science that is rapidly being translated to the clinic. Our approaches utilize in vivo, in vitro, proteomic, and molecular techniques to identify new therapeutics and apply them to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and driven professional who will be key in coordinating our nonclinical DMPK activities. The role will in part require management of IND-enabling studies at external CROs and interacting with consultants to develop and execute studies for therapeutic advancement. Management of external studies will require knowledge of PK, ADME, and pharmacology study designs to provide valuable input to the conduct of these critical studies. The role will also include support of internal preclinical activities including formulation and PK/PD studies requiring expertise in relevant principles, with hands-on experimental work.
The role requires dedication, flexibility, excellent communication and organization, and will interact with a team of scientists and research associates to drive multiple projects in parallel. We offer a competitive compensation package.
Alkahest offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, stock options, opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is collaborative, collegial and lots of fun.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing external CROs for conduct of DMPK, ADME, and safety pharmacology studies, including reviewing protocols, study monitoring, and reviewing final reports
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature
- Investigating and developing new methods and technologies for project advancement
- Writing scientific reports
- Interfacing on a regular basis with lead scientific staff to organize, coordinate, schedule, and execute experimental work
- Designing, performing, and analyzing rodent in vivo experiments
- Establishing new formulations of drugs and calculations of optimal dose ranges
- Administering test agent injections (IV, PO, IP, SC, etc)
- Blood collections through various routes, perfusion and tissue harvest (all organs)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a field related to biomedical research, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or neuroscience
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively advancing academic or industry lab experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing ADME, DMPK, and safety pharmacology studies in an industry setting
- Experience with mouse handling, dosing, blood collection, and necropsy is necessary
- Experience with CSF collection is an advantage
- Experience in survival surgery techniques is an advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Apply today! We'd love to meet you.