Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
SoBran is seeking a Clinical Veterinarian to serve at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
OVERVIEW: This is a general summary of the responsibilities associated with the position of Clinical Veterinarian I for the NIH, Laboratory Animal Research Contract (LARC). This description is not inclusive of all duties required to successfully complete the job each day. It is intended to reflect SoBran’s contractual obligations to the LARC. Employees are expected to complete all assigned duties each day.
Primary duties may include the following:
- Understand and follow all SOPs and Quality Assurance Standards.
- Provide veterinary care consistent with NICHD and NIH practices, guidelines, and policies.
- Therapeutic medicine to include the initiation, administration, alteration, and termination of treatment regimens.
- Provide research support and oversight to investigators housing animals in NICHD operated facilities.
- Review animal study proposals for facility capabilities and provide input for alternative strategies.
- Maintain facility/veterinary records and/or databases in accurate and timely manner.
- Follow NICHD preventive medicine programs which include quarantining, testing, conditioning, and isolating animals as necessary, and developing and coordinating animal health surveillance and environmental sanitation programs.
- Lead, train and mentor veterinary technicians.
- Participation in the shipping and receiving of research animals, including development of all necessary documents and health examinations.
- Provide on call/after-hours veterinary care on an as needed basis. Prior notification/scheduling will be provided.
- A degree in Veterinary medicine.
- Knowledge in the development and management of animal research protocols.
- Provide input and data to investigators concerning their research and plans for the animal’s health and wellbeing.
- Possess good verbal and written communication and computer skills.
SoBran, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.