Sr RA / Scientist Antibody Development (in-vivo & flow cytometry)
Kenjockety Biotechnology LLC is a privately held, preclinical stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of unique biotherapies for cancer treatment. Kenjockety offers a dynamic team environment where experts can work together in a self-directed manner with a common purpose. Kenjockety offers flexible hours, a competitive compensation package with a strong equity component, health, dental and vision plans and an open and self-directed vacation policy. Kenjockety Biotechnology LLC was founded in January 2017 and is based in South San Francisco.
This is an ideal position for a rigorous and motivated scientist who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced and cross disciplinary biotech environment. This candidate is expected to contribute practically in the laboratory and intellectually at all levels of in-vitro and in-vivo discovery research to support development of antibody therapeutics in an oncology setting. We are seeking a scientist who is highly proficient in in-vivo drug administration and xenograft work. Level will depend on qualifications and experience.
We are seeking an innovative and accomplished scientist who will make substantial contributions to the design and execution of antibody discovery and development strategies in a highly collaborative enviroment. The successful candidate will work with colleagues and team members to developlead antibody candidate molecules through Phase I human clinical studies. The primary duties will be:
- Develop and execute translational strategies to enable the definition and development of therapeutic antibodies and related molecules for use in humans
- Develop and execute experimental plans to verify and validate candidate molecule activities agaist chosen targets
- Support selection of therapeutic lead molecules and tumor model development by conducting a range of molecular, biochemical, and cell-based functional assays.
- Generate in-vivo tumor model data packages supporting PoC and pre-clinical development of lead molecules.
- Develop processes to make and purify candidate molecules in gram quantities in house and with CROs
- Design assays for pilot toxicity studies (working with CROs where necessary)
- Contribute to and edit reports for patent and IND submissions
- Ph.D in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, protein or antibody engineering or closely related fields plus 3-5 years of industry experience or MS with 5-8 years industry experience or BS with 8-10 years industry experience
- Significant research and development experience as demonstrated by track record of publications and scientific accomplishments
- 3-5 years of hands on experienced with a variety of syngeneic and xenograft tumor models with proficiency in tumor implantation and measurements, iv, sc, and po dosing, blood & tissue collection
- Hands-on experience with antibody development technologies including developing and running cell based functional assays. A high level of expertise in multi-color flow cytometry is preferred
- Experience with efficacy, safety, PK/PD testing and biomarker development
- Strong leadership and communication skills: ability to communicate productively with colleagues in scientific strategy and planning sessions
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and timelines
- Committed to the values of integrity, scientific rigor and transparency
- Ability to learn new skills and support other colleagues in a small dynamic R&D environment
- Current US work authorization required
Kenjockety Biotechnology LLC is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, national origin, handicap, disability or marital status.