Manager, International Benefits
We are looking for someone to join our diverse Total Rewards organization and develop working relationships with colleagues around the world. The Manager, Internal Benefits acts as an internal consultant on developing, implementing and managing international benefit programs. Must be able to think strategically to address complex benefit issues and recommend plan changes that are locally compliant and aligned with the company's benefits philosophy. You will work with global and local vendors to develop and maintain global programs. Supports the delivery of benefits strategy, including global vendors and multinational pooling. You will participate in due diligence process and development of benefit recommendations for potential mergers and acquisitions. You will be a part of Benefits team that manages and delivers a competitive and high valued benefits package to employees and retirees.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- You will be the subject matter expert and consultant to internationally based Total Rewards teams on the development of benefit program design, including financial, operational and employee impact analysis. Develop international benefits best practices and global guidelines including training materials, templates, and other resources to build and drive excellence within the Total Rewards and HR teams. Deliver on AbbVie's international benefits strategy in alignment with the global talent strategy and business needs. Serve as primary contact for benefit consultants, vendors and other external entities. Manage vendor relationships, partner with Purchasing to develop and negotiate contracts, establish annual performance goals and ensure high quality delivery of benefits services to employees and retirees. Assess performance of benefits vendors through financial, utilization, and outcomes results and data quality analyses. Resolve vendor performance issues or potential employee impacts. Consult with Talent Deployment and make recommendations on assignment and relocation benefit programs, including plan design, vendors, assignment benefits provisions, social security recommendations, and cross border set-ups. Manage cost of employment dashboard, including annual data collection, to measure and account for the cost of benefits, compensation and statutory programs across multiple countries. You will manage multinational pools in partnership with global vendors, consultants and Total Rewards teams to develop recommendations to include/exclude policies, assess reserves and reinsurance limits, negotiate pooling terms and structure, and review annual pooling reports. Manage the distribution strategy for the multinational pooling dividends including the distribution methodology and working with global accounting and local finance to coordinate the delivery of dividends to the corresponding countries. Manage business travel and accident program in coordination with global security, occupational health, corporate travel, and crisis management teams to support employees traveling on business internationally. Train new International Total Rewards team members on international benefits processes, best practices, and available benefits resources and data bases. Provide direction to Total Rewards leads to negotiate cost efficient renewals while ensuring that the benefit plans are meeting the needs of the employees, retirees and the business. Manage annual process to identify priority countries and projects in order to plan for country and business priorities. Develop and update the annual benefit contract renewal trackers to keep record of renewal results by country and individual contract. Project manage the annual update of the benefits inventory data base in coordination with the International Total Rewards teams and consultants Lead monthly country regional benefits calls with International Total Rewards team and Total Rewards Directors to review benefit recommendations, upcoming projects, updates on on-going activities, contract renewals and compliance changes. Resolve escalated issues with global vendors and appropriate stakeholders, working with internal and external resources to gather pertinent information and completing a thorough assessment of the information to drive fair and consistent resolutions. Support open enrollment activities and strategy process to address benefit changes for international assignees, review communications materials, propose design changes and test benefits set-up on the benefits administration system. Manage integration of acquired entities including preparation of side-by-side benefit comparisons and evaluations, recommendations for day one and post-close treatment of benefits and employee orientation to AbbVie. Plan and manage implementation of AbbVie benefit plans or the continuation of benefits for acquired companies.
- Elevate your career development by executing on challenging projects that drive you to higher levels of learning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business preferred, 7 to 10 years of benefits management and strategy experience with at least 2-3 years of international benefits experience. CEBS designation is a plus.
- Experience in contracting, financial analysis, underwriting, consulting, project management and client account management is a plus.
- May have one direct report and will indirectly manage others via project leadership.
- Must be able to work independently and work well on internal and external teams. Must be self-directed and able to handle large, concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- Disposition to work in a highly diverse environment with potential for cross-cultural and communication barriers.
- Ability to problem solve at strategic, operational and tactical levels.
- Ability to assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of benefit programs that are capable of meeting needs of a diverse employee population as well as changing business and regulatory requirements.
- Must have excellent analytical and communication skills including written and verbal. Ability to develop and deliver presentations for varied audiences including senior leadership.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and have experience working with various types of organizations including vendors, consultants, providers, clients, etc.