Scientist - Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LCMS)
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated research scientist to lead our Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) facilities and support biophysical characterization of our growing research pipeline.
- Extensive knowledge of mass spectrometry based characterization of biologics (LC/MS, intact mass, PTM identification, MS/MS analysis, peptide mapping, glycan analysis, proteomics based approaches for target discovery)
- Work closely with Biologics/Biology research groups and project teams to achieve program goals
- Ph.D. with a strong track record of contributions to the field of protein biochemistry
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience with biologics/large molecule drug discovery in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with Agilent LC/MS and Thermo Orbitrap systems
- Broad experience in biochemistry, protein chemistry, structural biology, protein labeling and conjugation techniques
- Skilled in protein and antibody characterization methods including: HPLC, DSC, DLS, DSF, and other biophysical techniques.
- MS based approaches for bioanalytical detection/quantitation for PK/exposure is a bonus
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply"