Research Associate - Bioanalytical Development
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to form a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine. To date, NGM Bio has generated a pipeline of seven drug candidates in various stages of development targeting liver, metabolic and ophthalmic diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, NGM282, is entering Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, which was extended to March 2022, will continue to provide us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is currently offering a unique opportunity for a highly motivated Research Associate to join our team with experience in biologics-related bioanalytical assays.
- Hands on experience in a broad range of lmmunoassays including TK/PK, ADA and occasionally biomarkers for protein, enzyme and antibody based therapeutics in compliance with GxP and regulatory guidance to support early development, preclinical and clinical studies
- Responsibilities of the position include receiving and testing of non-GLP samples, managing critical reagent inventory, planning experiments, performing assay troubleshooting, reporting and summarizing study data, establishing and updating assay methods
- Design and execute experiments independently with less supervision; record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
- BA/BS in biology or a related discipline and 2-3 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience in developing, troubleshooting, and validating PK, ADA, and Neutralizing Antibody immunoassays in a GLP/GCP regulated environment using ELISA and/or MSD platform. Experience with other assay platforms (e.g. Gyrolab, Luminex, LCMS) is a plus
- Maintain accurate comprehensive documentation of internal data and communicate progress periodically to supervisor and project teams
- Must be able to communicate and multi-task within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
Nice to have:
- Experience with cell based assays
- Presentation skills for both small and large groups
- Hands-on experience in labeling proteins and antibodies
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should click "Apply".