Senior Director, In Vivo Pharmacology
Atreca is a public biotechnology company focused on developing a suite of proprietary technologies that enable a thorough interrogation of the human response to discover and advance novel cancer immunotherapeutics to the clinic. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca seeks talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of a growing biotechnology company.
Our proprietary discovery technologies allow us to identify, isolate and characterize patient sourced anti-tumor antibodies in a highly accurate and precise fashion. We are currently seeking a highly motivated in vivo pharmacology scientist with proven skills in syngeneic, transgenic and other rodent tumor model systems to be responsible for the design, delivery and interpretation of high-quality in vivo data in support of our drug discovery and development programs. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience driving drug screening, tumor growth inhibition / regression and MOA focused pre-clinical oncology programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the pre-clinical in vivo pharmacology group effort that utilizes syngeneic, transgenic and other in vivo tumor models to support pharmacology efforts to advance projects as required
- Responsible for collection, analysis and interpretation of experimental data associated with the evaluation of pre-clinical candidates as potential therapeutic agents
- Oversee all training and supervision of rodent dosing studies (IV, PO, SC, IP, IM) as well as blood and tissue sampling, and surgeries as required
- Lead the design and execution of novel pre-clinical efficacy studies to support drug combination strategies
- Coordinate with Translational Sciences and other research teams to explore MOA and biomarkers for candidate lead antibodies
- Identify and vet CROs to enable studies not currently performed in-house and act as point to monitor and report CRO based studies to project teams
- Manage internal resource allocation and external collaborations
- Responsible for working with team members to draft animal protocols and then ensure proper authorization and compliance
- Participate and present data during internal research meetings and interface with cross-functional groups
- Participate in the training of in vivo pharmacology personnel as needed for proficiency in all aspects of tumor model studies
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- PhD in cancer biology or related field with 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong background in tumor biology, immunology and rodent tumor models including syngeneic and human cell line derived models
- Good working knowledge of regulatory requirements required to run an in vivo facility and remain compliant with IACUC and AALAC regulations
- Extensive hands-on experience with all aspects of running rodent tumor models
- Experience with various rodent tumor models to demonstrate mechanisms of action
- Experience working with antibody therapeutics is highly desired
- Experience managing a team of scientists and research associates in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboratively in a cross functional environment
- Experience in vivarium operations, resource management, and budget planning is required
- Must have excellent troubleshooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience.
Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.