Senior Technician, Manufacturing
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a hands-on Technician to join our Surface Manufacturing team. This position reports to the Manager, Chip Manufacturing
The Ideal Candidate:
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing and demonstrates the ability to follow instructions for product assembly, processing and in-process-testing.
- Ability to use, writes, review and revise process documentation with accuracy and train others to new processes.
- Takes on roles to ensure product quality and that quality processes are used and monitored.
- Receives no instructions on routine work and minimal instructions on new assignments.
- Perform manufacturing operations.
- Perform duties as assigned by manager.
- Assist and support engineering projects during development and transfer to production.
- Inventory monitoring, cycle counting.
- Execute and review documents pertaining to production.
- Participate on project teams for new products as well as investigations and CAPA.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Must be safety conscious and work in a safe manner at all times, following all safety rules and standards as required.
- Must be able and willing to train other employees.
- Clean production equipment or work areas.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- 5-7 years in a ISO/cGMP production environment.
- Experience working in a Quality System regulated environment (e.g. GMP, ISO9001 and ISO13485) is preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience of using own initiative and needing minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and work to deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Word and Excel required, and MS Outlook preferred.
- Analyzing data in an Excel base program or similar database is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.