Research Associate II - Discovery Biology
At Lundbeck, we believe life is too precious to be interrupted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. We pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration; it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Patient advocacy is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our engagement with the communities we serve grants us better understanding of the needs of patients and their families; and that drives us to develop innovative therapies and impactful programs for patients and caregivers.
Lundbeck La Jolla Research Center, Inc. (LLJRC) is a discovery research arm of H. Lundbeck A/S. Our mission is to develop innovative medicines that address significant unmet need in the treatment of psychiatric and neurological disorders. The successful candidate will work as a member of multidisciplinary teams and apply his/her immunology expertise to support Lundbeck’s CNS discovery programs. Experience with developing FACS panels and using them for analysis of cells and tissues is required. The ideal candidate will have experience utilizing multi-color flow cytometry(FACS) for immunophenotyping of CNS tissues.
Your job and key responsibilities
You will work closely with project scientists and project teams to support validation of novel CNS targets and the development of first-in-class drugs. You will be responsible for the development of in vitro/ex vivo immunological assays. You will utilize multiple technology platforms, including ELISA, meso scale discovery (MSD) platform, fluorescence and luminescent plate readers, and FACS. You will also be responsible for data analysis and presentation of your results to the project teams.
The opportunity to join a dynamic and energetic team of qualified colleagues working in an open atmosphere in a leading CNS specialized drug discovery organization.
- BS or MS degree in immunology or cell biology or a related area.
- 3 - 6 years of immunology or cell biology academic or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with a wide range of cellular and biochemical immunoassays, MSD, and cell culture techniques including isolation and culturing of primary cells.
- Proficient with FACS method development and troubleshooting of immune assays.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
- Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
- Experience with immunoprofiling of CNS tissues is preferred.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employement opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.