Join The Winning Team…Team SoBran - We are an industry leader in designing professional animal care programs, managing animal facilities, and providing high quality technical support for laboratory animal research projects. At SoBran, we care about people. SoBran's success hinges on our employees. We maintain a professional environment and ensure that our people have the tools and training to achieve; and opportunities for learning and advancement. Our employees' individual talents contribute to our success! We thank you for your interest in SoBran.
We are currently seeking an experienced Project Manager (proposed effort) to serve at our facility in Bethesda, Maryland.
Overview: Responsible for all activities required to operate and maintain an animal care and use program and services as directed by the National Institute of Health (NIH) client and SoBran policies and procedures.
Requirements (Perform/assist with the following):
- Manage contract performance and deliverables.
- Supervise, manage, train and direct the day to day tasks for a research support, veterinary technician, husbandry, and cagewash teams.
- Evaluate and determine training needs, facility infrastructure and operational concerns, and quality of work.
- Determine proficiency of the animal care, cagewash staff and support staff and adjust or refine to meet the requirements.
- Assess workloads and distribute duties among the staff. Identify and correct potential facility problems.
- Create, maintain, and participate in weekend and holiday work schedules.
- Use Microsoft computer software to create and maintain reports and forms for communication between multiple stakeholders and working groups.
- Train, maintain, and report on occupational health and safety programs established by the client and SoBran policy and procedures.
- Apply specialized knowledge and skill in support of multiple species, transgenic models, biohazards, critical care, and surgery as it pertains to technical, husbandry, care and housing requirements.
- Assist investigators with protocol requirements such as equipment needs, special husbandry considerations.
- Train, mentor and assess managers and supervisors to include supervision, communication between and within individual tasks requirements and the project officers.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing, develop and implement retention methods and performance management of employees.
- Create action plans to manage multiple tasks, provide multiple managers with the proper resources to perform, report and submit required contract documentation to maintain task specific requirements.
- Assist in personnel matters in collaboration with supervisory staff to include disciplinary issues.
- Evaluate operation productivity and enhance progress, provide continual improvement opportunities. Present and analyze budgets.
- Assist in the creation/revision of SOP’s with contract and Government personnel.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with representatives of government, research, and contract personnel in order to coordinate activities and assist in investigations into matters concerning quality and client complaints
- B.S. degree in animal science, biology or similar discipline and LATG required.
- Can substitute CMAR certification in lieu of B.S degree.
- 1 to 6 years of experience as an Animal Facility Manager with multiple species and managing multiple labor categories inclusive of supervisory positions per labor group ie. technical, husbandry, administrative, and cagewash.
- Applied knowledge of:
- Lab animal species and behavior for rodents, rabbits, new and old world non-human primates, swine and zebra fish to include medical terminology, technical and husbandry procedures, and be familiar with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Operations, management and facility maintenance of AAALAC accredited facilities.
- Administrative management, human resources and recruiting.
- Relevant experience in: Coordinating and managing resources across tasks.
- Managing and supervising multiple and complex labor categories during regular, alternative, and overtime working hours. Performing QA/QC of multiple facilities and SOP compliance. Assisting with the design, plan and organization of disaster preparedness documentation, emergency procedures for government closures. Setting, adjusting, reporting and monitoring performance goals and standards for all positions in support of the client’s animal care program such as animal health, husbandry, cagewash, research specialists, trainers, veterinarians, drivers, administrative office, and human resources personnel. Ability to work with various software programs (MS Word, Excel, email, Access, etc.)
Our commitment SoBran, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.