Research Associate, Biology
Kezar Life Sciences, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical, is looking for a skilled and motivated Research Associate. Kezar is focused on small molecule drug discovery and development to target autoimmune/inflammatory disorders and oncology based on the biology of protein homeostasis. Our lead compound, KZR-616 (a selective inhibitor of the immunoproteasome), is in clinical trials, and we have multiple drug discovery programs targeting protein secretion. This is an exciting time to help drive the development of novel therapies for unmet needs in multiple indications.
This position will be responsible for performing high-quality cell culture and providing sample preparation assistance for transcriptomic studies key to our investigations of compound mechanism of action and target profiling. In addition, this position will also assist in conducting and analyzing cell-based mechanism of action studies to characterize novel therapeutic agents, as well as design and supervise plasmid construction through a CRO. Meticulous understanding and execution of developed protocols will be key, as well as enthusiasm for improving processes and interactions within cross-disciplinary teams. Flexibility to work simultaneously on multiple projects under rigorous timelines and changing priorities is also a must for success in this position.
- BS degree in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related area.
- Previous laboratory experience (1-2+ years) is required (industry setting preferred).
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture is required.
- Molecular biology (cloning/DNA and protein sequence analysis/QPCR/etc.) experience is highly desired.
- Proficiency in basic data analysis software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism) is required.
- Excellent communication, time-management/organization, and presentation skills are necessary.