Medical Director, Oncology Clinical Development
REVOLUTION Medicines is an exciting, early stage biotechnology company that discovers and develops innovative drugs for cancer patients directed toward frontier oncology and immune-oncology targets. The company draws inspiration from evolution and natural products that are inherently rich with biological function, using evolution’s lessons to inform selection of chemical scaffolds guide drug design for non-classical drug targets. As a new member of the RevMed team, you will join other outstanding scientists, researchers and healthcare professionals who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines for unmet needs in cancer.
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual who has innate leadership and organizational skills, expertise in clinical oncology, and experience in designing and running exploratory-stage clinical trials. As the Medical Director, Clinical Development you will be accountable for the strategic design of Revolution Medicines early-stage clinical programs. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Clinical strategy and clinical trial design particularly as it relates to how to best deploy our novel series of drugs in order to have the maximum impact for patients. This will be performed in collaboration with our multi-disciplinary Development Teams, consultants, external advisors, and the Chief Medical Officer.
- Generation of clinical and regulatory documents that are required for the initiation and conduct of clinical trials, particularly phase 1b and 2 trials in oncology.
- Data review, interpretation, and reporting of clinical trials.
- Keeping up to date in the relevant disease areas, including anticipating changes in standard of care and the competitive environment, so as to be perceived as the disease expert for the company.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the relevant regulatory landscape.
- Maintaining a relationship with, and representing the company to, external experts in the field.
- For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to run a multi-disciplinary development team.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- MD degree or equivalent, with board certification in oncology or related discipline.
- Hands-on experience of designing and running early-stage clinical trials.
- A demonstrable record of strong leadership and teamwork.
- Thrives in a collaborative team setting and is driven by a desire to deploy innovative approaches and technologies in a high energy environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to act as an excellent ambassador for Revolution Medicines in interactions with key opinion leaders, scientific advisors, corporate partners and, where necessary, investors.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize options, anticipate challenges, and execute on goals as a member of an interdisciplinary team is extremely important.
- Industry experience would be helpful but not essential. For the right candidate this role could provide an entry in to the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry from academia.