As a member of the Software and Bioinformatics team, the focus will be on Bioinformatics data management and analysis, as well as software engineering to enable diagnostic product development.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate in the design and development of software, informatics infrastructure, and databases for Bioinformatics data analysis and management.
- Work in close collaboration with the Assay Development group and with cross-functional teams, to develop Bioinformatics tools and pipelines.
- Design exploratory experiments and perform data mining for developing bioinformatics tools, methods, and metrics for primer and assay design.
- Perform statistical analysis to develop data processing and quality control metrics and methods for maximizing sensitivity and specificity of assays.
- Build Machine Learning and predictive models based on thermodynamics and molecular characteristics to guide multiplex assay design and optimization.
- Prepare data and content for presentations, white papers, or other company relevant materials.
- PhD or MS in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or related fields with 3+ years experience.
- Extensive experience in software development tools and technologies, Python, R, SQL, and relational databases (in particular, PostgreSQL).
- Strong background in Machine Learning, statistics, and predictive modeling.
- Extensive experience in bioinformatics tools for sequence retrieval from genome databases, DNA/RNA sequence analysis, and primer design.
- Broad familiarity with relevant scientific literature and ability to critically evaluate and assess literature with respect to relevance to Bioinformatics application.
- Creative, self-motivated, an out-of-the-box thinker; be able to take initiative.
- Strong communication skills/ability to actively participate in interdisciplinary teams.