Sr. Research Associate, Oncology Research
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody™ therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline comprised of 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Senior Scientist or Director, Oncology Research
CytomX Therapeutics is unlocking the potential of antibody therapeutics in oncology by developing a novel therapeutic antibody class of highly targeted Probody™ therapeutics. The current opening offers an opportunity to contribute to the integration of targeted biologics using Probody drug conjugates (PDCs), immune target biology and bioanalytical assessment of Probody™ cancer immunotherapies toward clinical investigation in a fast-moving and dynamic R&D environment.
We seek a highly motivated individual to characterize novel oncology targets and evaluate PDCs and alternative Probody formats for the treatment of cancers. The successful candidate will work as a bench Senior Research Associate in the Oncology Department and participate in efforts involving target identification, validation and drug discovery to support pre-clinical drug discovery of therapeutic Probody™ programs. In addition, the candidate will have a clear understanding of the responsibilities and completes complex tasks in resourceful, creative, and effective ways. The candidate is expected to act independently on assignments and often takes a key contributory role with concepts, techniques and assignments in their teams.
- Perform cell-based, biochemical, molecular, and functional assays to characterize PDCs and alternative Probody formats, e.g. cytotoxicity, cell binding, ELISA, and flow cytometry.
- Screen antibody or biologic binders by FACS, ELISA, and IHC.
- Basic cloning, expression, and purification of antibodies/ Probodies and fragments of antibodies.
- Follow established protocols, as well as develop and apply new protocols as needed. Be able to troubleshoot and optimize assays.
- Independently design, implement, and analyze experiments. Also, follow and incorporate relevant published findings, methodologies, and technologies to implement system improvements.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records, interpret and analyze data, and propose recommendations to help facilitate project progressions.
- Prepare and present project related information at internal/external meetings and actively contribute to group meetings and discussions.
- Interact with partner companies and CROs by addressing partner needs and maintaining timelines.
- May contribute to training and coaching of others in the work group
- Utilizes literature to increase knowledge base and implement improvements
- BS/MS in Cell biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or a related field, with a minimum of five years of industrial experience. Title will be adjusted based on experience.
- Proven expertise in cell-based assays, flow cytometry, ELISA, protein, and molecular biology techniques is a must
- Experience in working with antibody-drug-conjugates is strongly preferred
- Experience with drug development in cancer therapeutics is preferred.
- Expertise with IHC and/or Octet / SPR is a plus
- Submit deliverables within designated timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate a commitment to CytomX values of Integrity, Commitment, Creativity, Teamwork, Accountability and Fun
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity
- Intellectually curious, enthusiastic, creative
- Adaptable and resilient with a problem-solving orientation
- Team-player comfortable in fast-moving, dynamic environments
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.