Sr. Research Associate/Scientist, Bioanalysis
About CytomX Therapeutics:
CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to changing the treatment of cancer with our novel Probody™ therapeutic platform. Our commitment to transforming lives with safer, more effective therapies is driven by our curiosity and passion for innovation and our belief that by acting with integrity in an honest, respectful, ethical manner, we have the power to change lives. Our workplace embodies collaboration, open communication, celebrating our successes and holding each other to the highest possible standards. CytomX has a broad pipeline comprised of 4 clinical-stage programs and others in development and is located in South San Francisco, California, the birthplace of biotechnology. Learn more at www.cytomX.com
Location: South San Francisco, California
Reporting Relationship: Reporting to the Associate Director, Bioanalysis
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong GLP bioanalysis experience. The successful candidate will work as a bench Sr Research Associate/ Scientist in the Pharmacology Department and participate in the method development, qualification, and sample analysis of drugs in biological matrices.
- Conduct bioanalytical method development and sample analysis using immunoassays to quantify protein therapeutics in biological matrices, assess drug immunogenicity.
- Manage sample logistics in support of preclinical and clinical studies
- Partner with CROs to manage and monitor outsourced PK/ADA assays
- Independently design, implement and analyze experiments, as well as follow and incorporate relevant published findings related to research, methodologies and technologies and propose scientifically based recommendations
- Troubleshoot assay performance and sample testing as needed
- Interpret and analyze data, contribute to bioanalytical reports, and communicate the findings to project teams
- Prepare and present technical information at internal/external meetings
- Keep accurate and up-to-date hard/electronic lab documents, and GLP training records
- Sr Research Associate: BS/MS in analytical chemistry or related disciplines, with more than 5 years of bioanalytical industry experience.
- Associate Scientist: BS/MS in analytical chemistry or related disciplines, with more than 10 years of bioanalytical industry experience.
- Scientist: 1+ years industry experience with PhD in biology, analytical chemistry or related disciplines
- Experience with method development and validation for PK and immunogenicity using immunoassay.
- Experience with LC-MS/MS for biotherapeutics is a plus
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with GLP requirements and practices for a bioanalytical lab
- Ability to work independently and on teams with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot bioanalytical methods
- Experience with outsourcing LBA, ADA, LC-MS/MS assays to CROs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret complex data
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Softmax and graphical computer programs (e.g. SIGMAPLOT)
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational, documentation and technical writing skills
- Excellent team-player comfortable in fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Energetic, resourceful self-starter with high integrity
- Innovative, enthusiastic, creative, and accountability
- Adaptable and resilient with a problem-solving orientation
CytomX is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. CytomX will not discriminate against any job applicant because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.