Associate Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong background in immunology and/or immuno-oncology to join a multidisciplinary team dedicated to the discovery of novel cellular therapeutics for the treatment of solid tumors. The candidate will form a key part of our cancer immunotherapy team, assisting in the designing, performing, and analyzing studies. A successful candidate will have extensive experience with functional T or NK cell assays. Experience with in vivo cell-derived or patient-derived xenografts and/or syngeneic tumor models is desired. This is a full-time, bench-level position reporting to a Senior Scientist in Cancer Immunotherapy located at the Company’s corporate headquarters in San Diego, California.
- Design, implement, and test genetic modifications that may enhance the persistence and antitumor efficacy of CAR T cells in in vitro and in vivo solid tumor models
- Characterization of CAR-Ts phenotype and function through multiparameter flow cytometry and standard in vitro assays looking at proliferation, cytokine secretion, polyfunctionality, serial stimulation, and target cell killing
- Presentation of data to immunology groups and larger program-specific teams
- Ph.D. degree in Immunology/Immuno-oncology or MS with a minimum of five years of relevant experience, industry experience preferred
- Experience in executing and developing in vitro/in vivo tumor models utilizing T- and/or NK-cells
- Proven ability to coordinate with multiple researchers and groups for scheduling and execution of complex experiments
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, and organizational skills are a must
- Positive outlook, creativity, and a team-oriented attitude
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours required
- 100% on site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for cancer and immune disorders. The Company is pioneering the development of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline is comprised of NK cell and T-cell cancer immunotherapies, with a focus on developing universal, off-the-shelf cell products intended to synergize with checkpoint inhibitor and monoclonal antibody therapies and to target tumor-associated antigens. The Company’s first iPSC-derived NK cell product candidates include FT500, which is currently being clinically investigated for the treatment of advanced solid tumors, and FT516, for which the Company is preparing to initiate clinical investigation for the treatment of certain hematologic malignancies. The Company’s immuno-regulatory pipeline includes ProTmune™, a pharmacologically modulated, donor cell graft that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease, and a myeloid-derived suppressor cell immunotherapy for promoting immune tolerance in patients with immune disorders. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com