Senior Scientist / Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy - T Cell Development
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated stem cell biologist, preferably with hematopoietic and lymphocyte development experience, to join our rapidly growing off-the-shelf cancer immunotherapy team in the development of novel cell therapeutics. The successful candidate will provide scientific and technical expertise contributing to the development and characterization of novel immunotherapies from discovery stage through product development and translation.
This individual will lead various initiative to identify next generation cancer immunotherapy strategies as well as play a key role in collaborating with top scientific laboratories and institutions. S/he will perform, optimize, and analyze experiments and data involving T cell differentiation from pluripotent stem cells, characterization, proliferation, survival, and function. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to provide subject matter expertise and direction to regulatory, process development, and clinical teams.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, California and reports to a Scientific Leader within T-Cell Development.
• Provide scientific and technical expertise to advance and evaluate preclinical development of immunotherapeutic candidates.
• Design, execution, and analysis of in vitro and in vivo experiments of hematopoietic differentiation and cell function.
• Identify and evaluate novel approaches to modulate T cell and NK cell differentiation and effector function.
• Provide scientific insight and maintain effective communication with internal research teams and external collaborators.
• Supervise Associate Scientist(s) and/or Research Associate(s) as needed.
• PhD in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology or other related field with 3 or more years of relevant post-PhD experience. Previous industry experience preferred.
• Experience differentiating hematopoietic cells from pluripotent stem cells, with a preference for T and NK cells.
• Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry, including analysis and intracellular staining.
• Experience developing and implementing in vitro effector function assays and in vivo tumor/ immuno-oncology models.
• A track record of independent scientific achievement and problem solving as demonstrated through publication. • Experience leading and providing management of scientific teams, including associate scientists and research associates.
• Effective team building and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with and manage project teams, outside collaborators and commercial vendors.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
• Occasional weekend and/or evening hours required
• 100% on site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.