Associate Scientist, In Vivo Biology
Associate Scientist, In vivo Biology
WAVE Life Sciences USA seeks an experienced and highly motivated in vivo biologist. This position will primarily be based at Wave’s Worcester, MA site. This is an ideal position for an individual with a background in drug discovery who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary biotech environment. The candidate will be responsible for designing, executing and analyzing experiments as a member of teams focused on advancing therapeutic programs. This candidate will contribute to all levels of in vivo discovery research to support the development of nucleic acid therapies for genetic diseases. Prior experience in industry exploring or utilizing nucleic acids for therapeutic modulation of gene expression is strongly preferred.
- Independent planning, execution, documentation, analysis and interpretation of in vivo mechanistic, efficacy and PK/PD studies.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with critical collaborative partners throughout the company.
- Maintaining detailed records of experimental protocols and data in accordance with company policy.
BA/BS, MS or PhD in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or related field with industry experience. Experience conducting in vivo and ex vivo experiments on preclinical models of diseases, including making clinical observations, and harvesting samples for the evaluation of drug levels, histology, and molecular endpoints.
- Stereotaxic surgery experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and contribute to the strategic goals of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to operating standards and policies related to in vivo studies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The individual should be able to function in a timeline-driven, dynamic environment, and be able to rapidly adapt to new techniques and protocols.
- A strong work ethic and high-level motivation are required.