Bioinformatics Support Specialist
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer, evaluate, and triage incoming email and phone requests from customers.
· Accurate and timely documentation of customer inquiries and problems using Salesforce.com.
· Provide technical assistance of troubleshooting, and maintaining Bionano Genomics software at Bionano Compute solutions.
· Manage problem recognition, documentation, evaluation, and resolution for Bionano data analysis related products in the field.
· Provide critical product improvement feedback to development teams.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
· Advanced degree (MS or PhD) with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Bioinformatics or related field.
· Practical experience or in-depth knowledge of sequencing and genomics methods
· Practical experience of networking and administration of Linux servers.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication.
· Customer-focused and team-player mindset.
· Practical experiences with Bionano data.
· Familiar with CRM (customer relationship management) product, such as Salesforce.com.
· 2-3 years of experiences in a direct external customer support role with remote support session and customer training experiences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs,job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color,religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.