Animal Care Technician III
Under minimum supervision, provide study support, general husbandry and occasional cage wash support following established protocols/guidance documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general & specialized husbandry following established Guidance Documents.
- Provide handling and restraint of regulated species.
- Identify and report complex signs of clinical illness and provide treatment at the direct supervision of the veterinary staff.
- Provide post surgical observations and record keeping.
- Perform glucose tolerance testing in accordance with approved protocols.
- Demonstrated competence in rodent dosing: PO, IP, SQ and topical.
- Perform rodent blood collection: tail, sub-mandibular, cardiac puncture, inhalation anesthesia induction, monitoring and recovery and necropsy as directed.
- Conduct technical procedures such as dosing, tissue collection.
- Provide training and mentorship to other departmental personnel on husbandry and technical procedures.
- Responsible for proficiency in all departmental SOPs and all ACT I/II essential duties.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.