Scientist / Biomedical engineer
Company: Proxim Diagnostics
Position: Scientist / Biomedical engineer
Term: Full Time
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Proxim Diagnostics has developed a next-generation point-of-care diagnostic test system. Our product is a handheld instrument and a disposable cartridge that can be used in decentralized medical environments such as emergency departments, urgent care centers, retail clinics, and doctor’s offices. The system provides rapid and quantitative results for immunoassay biomarkers related to cardiology, infectious disease, and endocrinology.
The successful candidate would work as a part of an actively growing team and would focus on moving our technology into the final stages of product development. Emphasis will be placed on one’s ability to optimize the current disposable test cartridge manufacturing process by designing related experiments and analyzing the results, which would be used to validate the performance of the final product.
- Utilize BioDot liquid deposition robot to develop and optimize reagent dispensing protocols
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to optimize the performance of various immunoassays
- Perform duties in compliance with ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR Part 820 and ISO 9001 QMS
- Prepare technical reports and project summaries for management review
- Write Standard Operating Procedures for reagent formulations and manufacturing protocols
- Support data collection and documentation for submission to corporate partners and FDA
- BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in biomedical engineering, bioengineering, mechanical engineering, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field
- Experience with at least one robotic liquid handling system (BioDot, Scienion, Tecan, etc.)
- 2+ years of industry or graduate school experience
- Experience with handling biological samples with pipettes including various human fluid specimens
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present scientific data to senior staff
- Medical device/diagnostic product development
- Immunoassay (ELISA) development
- SolidWorks or AutoCAD software
- Compensation: Competitive salary, generous stock option grant, attractive benefit package
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests
- US Citizens or Permanent Residents only
Please email your resume/CV.
Proxim Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer.