The Senior Accountant is a hands-on position responsible for the general accounting activities of the company in accordance with GAAP, including month-end-close and financial reporting. This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the General Ledger including sub-ledgers.
- Perform monthly closing process, including posting journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Prepare schedules to support VAT returns.
- Work with AP accountants and reconcile international subsidiaries.
- Work with Operations team to reconcile cash, accounts receivable, and other related accounts.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting and ensure timely and accurate metrics to the management team.
- Assist with annual financial external audits and external reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and SOX 404 requirements.
- Undertake projects relating to process improvement both from a business standpoint and system related.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- B.S./B.A. Business or Accounting preferred.
- Experiences in revenue accounting (ASC 606) and lease accounting (ASC 842) preferred.
- CPA (or passed all parts of the CPA exam) preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in mid-size company as an Accountant, or 2-4 years of public accounting experience at a Big 4 or national-wide CPA firms.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, results oriented, and cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are crucial.
- Initiative and a strong work ethic is a must.
- SAP preferred.
- Advanced Excel required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.