The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator will be responsible for providing full time
environmental health and safety support to the site operations and will ensure that all practices
comply with all regulatory requirements. EHS Coordinator is responsible to create and enforce a
culture of safety within Bachem’s organization. The EHS Coordinator will implement programs,
policies, and assessments to ensure the company is in compliance with all federal, state, and local
internal health and safety rules. This individual will also be responsible for coordinating regulatory
programs, training, and its permitting applications.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.
- Protect employees, customers and the environment.
- Recommend changes to protect workers and educate employees on how to prevent health problems using safety-training programs.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisory level to ensure a common and effective approach to safety.
- Maintain and update as needed SOPs for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in day-to-day training.
- Perform and contribute to the site training plans by conducting employee orientations, emergency response training, and coordination of modular training programs for the operations groups.
- Monitor employees’ exposures and air/waste/water compliance
- Maintain internal and regulatory reporting including data collection and reporting including but not limited to air, storm water, industrial waste water, and waste disposal
- Investigate incidents and accidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Performs routine industrial and hazardous waste management activities such as vendor scheduling and waste haul oversight, and manifest tracking and filing
- Participate in safety site audits, inspections and routine surveys
- Maintains EHS&S files and records; modifies and implements compliance tracking problems and recordkeeping system
- Assist in the development of technical documents including EHS&S procedures, programs, and guidance documents
- Assists in maintaining, updating and coordinating company EHS&S training programs
- Develop and lead emergency evacuation program.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all company policies. Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety/security concerns
- Lead the safety committee meetings. Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environment, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health, Safety or a related scientific field such as biology, chemistry or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the pharmaceutical/chemical manufacturing environment
- Familiarity and experience with local, state and federal codes as they apply to EHS&S
- Ability to develop and deliver safety training material to companywide associates
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, P&IDS, schematics, mechanical and electrical documents
- Ability to be on call, or work off hours as needed
- Awareness and understanding of EHS&S policy and management system, the importance of conforming to EHS&S policies and procedures, and consequences of failing to comply with EHS&S policies and procedures
- Ability to use test equipment, such as air monitors and water
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding analytical skills as well as a strong attention to detail as it relates to identification and interpretation of federal, state, and local safety codes
- Ability to effectively organize, multitask, and work in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ability to communicate in a proactive and solution-focused manner, including keeping management aware of potential issues
- Detail oriented with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Communicate effectively and ability to function well in a team environment
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Understanding of Peptide industry
You will be part of a motivated team overseeing the entire development cycle of respective APIs. If you are
looking for a new challenge and want to join a motivated team in an internationally renowned company,
you should seize this opportunity.