Inside Sales Specialist
Position: Inside Sales Specialist
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Development
Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking an Inside Sales Specialist with a strong customer focus to successfully position and sell PacBio products to new customers. The ideal candidate will be able to engage with potential customers, within several market areas, to uncover their research needs, assess fit with existing PacBio solutions, and communicate PacBio value propositions. Working closely with the Senior Inside Sales Specialist and as part of the larger sales support team, this role will focus on the qualification of marketing generated leads in order to reach and exceed the company revenue plan, penetrate a broader market, and displace competition.
- Identify & qualify high value leads that enter through the customer engagement processes by conducting introductory and consultative discussions, primarily via telephone and email
- Accurately document interactions & manage the CRM inbound lead pipeline, from first contact through qualification, and successfully transition qualified leads to regional sales teams
- Execute & manage automated email campaigns to maximize velocity of the sales funnel
- Work collaboratively with global and regional Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Field Applications Support teams to nurture and qualify potential new customers
- Explain and present PacBio’s core SMRT Sequencing technology to potential customers sourced from a diverse base of digital and company marketing activities (local and global)
- Articulate key applications and emphasize the unique selling points, finding mutually beneficial outcomes to all parties, addressing specific customer needs
- Support Sr. Specialist in reporting on pipeline metrics and actively suggesting data-driven improvements for sales strategies, tactics, and/or sales process for achieving revenue goals
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- The position is an internal sales position with minimal travel time requirements (<10%).
- Minimum of a BS degree or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in sales, field applications, or pre-sales customer support
- Familiarity with the sales process and proven success in a strategic sales environment, including prospecting, lead qualification, and early opportunity development
- Experience with and understanding of DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Conducts presentations effectively, professionally, and comfortably to customers and management
- Proven ability to proactively engage with customers, quickly establish rapport, ask thoughtful questions, and influence decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management, organizational, and planning skills are essential
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or equivalent CRM
- Marketo and/or Pardot lead management and email automation experience a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.