Senior / Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics
LOCATION: San Carlos, CA or Tampa, FL
This position is primarily responsible for all bioinformatics analyses of data sets produced for Research, Translational, and Process Development projects. These data sets may include TCR repertoire, gene expression, phenotype, and biological function data and will relate to the study of preclinical and clinical TIL products.
- Generates meaningful data analysis results meant to characterize TIL products, demonstrate TIL mechanism of action, and identify biomarkers of TIL efficacy by
- Creating data algorithms and specialized computer software to identify and classify components of the biological system of interest (DNA/RNA-seq, flow/mass cytometry, biological assay, etc.); and
- Consulting with research scientists to take part in and understand the study design.
- Participates in the development of databases to compile information from activities such as DNA/RNA sequencing and gene/protein expression assessment.
- Maintains the computational infrastructure and controls the flow of samples and information for large-scale studies.
- Provides web-based bioinformatics and access to public and proprietary relational databases.
- Interprets, summarizes, and presents scientific results with clear conclusions and recommendations to the scientific team and company management.
- Publishes work at international conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
- Maintains expertise in state-of-the-art bioinformatics methods.
Education and Qualifications
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or related discipline with 7+ years of post-doctoral or industry experience in a related field.
- Knowledge in cancer biology and immunology.
- Deep understanding of technologies such as NGS and CyTOF.
- Expertise in cross-functional interactions and cooperation (team spirit is a must).
- Demonstrated communication abilities, both verbally and in writing (ability to independently contribute written reports and scientific papers is a must).
- Familiar with drug development.