Senior/Principal Scientist, Cell Physiology/Media Development
Just is looking for a Senior/Principal scientist to join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team to develop cell culture media for the advancement of low-cost biotherapeutics manufacturing. The position requires a deep understanding of cell physiology, biochemistry, metabolism, experimental design and statistical analysis. Experience with high throughput mammalian cell culture and assay development is highly desirable. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively over teleconference and web-based meetings are necessary. The ideal candidate is curious, creative, works independently and in teams, and looks for ways to improve processes and technology.
• Utilize understanding of cell physiology and metabolism to develop cell based models of high density perfusion processes
• Develop cell culture media formulations through analytical and cell culture-based experiments
• Develop and apply new methods to advance cell culture media technology
• Collaborate across the organization, with clients, and manufacturing groups
• BS in Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or related field with 10+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 2+years of experience
• Experience developing media for mammalian cell lines
• Experience with design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis
• Stay abreast of current literature as it relates to media development for recombinant protein expression
• Publish and present research
• Act as an internal technical resource
• Experience with high throughput cell culture (e.g. deep-well plate assays or robotics)
• Experience with bioreactor cell culture and perfusion technology
• Experience with JMP, R, Python
About JustJust is an integrated design company focused on the technology of biotherapeutics from molecule through manufacturing plant. We believe that technological innovation will accelerate development and dramatically reduce the cost of these vital medicines. Just is developing a portfolio of molecules that best leverages our technological strengths. The Just mission: design and apply innovative technologies to dramatically expand global access to biotherapeutics. Come join our team of experts to help shape a better future.