Business Systems Consultant
Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with leadership. Provides advice, assistance and leadership in any area associated with the planning, procurement, provision, delivery, management, maintenance and effective business use of information systems for business areas. Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates/performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology;
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices.
- Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities (across multiple business areas) with business units providing key opinion-leading clients with comprehensive strategic analyses and insights to help them discover strategic uses of technology products and services.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of multiple business areas. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. May prepare testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete. Conducts training.
- Provides leadership and centralized management for the planning, development and execution of large projects / programs to achieve critical strategic business objectives. Manages multiple, often concurrent projects / programs and consistently meets expectations. Makes difficult decisions regarding priorities among projects / programs.
- Leads the project / program team members in using established PM tools and techniques (FEP, Cash Flow projections, Scope / Schedule Control, etc.) to stay within authorized budget limits and achieve the overall project / program and organizational objectives.
- Manages and is responsible for all phases of project execution. Oversees efforts of internal and external resources. Carefully examines portfolio components and provides guidance regarding the hierarchy of projects and alignment with organizational strategy.
- Effectively communicates with all levels throughout the plant/organization. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal presentations. Prepares and presents to Sr. and Executive management and obtains their buy-in for major programs.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects/ programs through sound design and project management processes. Has full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes.
- Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTOs to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts. Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS on behalf of customers; coordinates portfolio of solutions and identifies interdependencies.
- Allies with other BTOs to remain current on project status and inform customer management of quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed business process improvements and the technical solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Bachelors Degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10-12 years of related work experience.
- Exercises latitude in the approach to problem solving.
- Determines and develops approach and solutions to problem