We are looking for an experienced People Partner who will be a strategic partner to managers and people, enabling excellence in our people and promoting an innovative culture to drive business results.
In this role, you will collaborate with leaders, employees, and members of the People & Culture team, be a trusted advisor, build effective relationships, and help execute on people strategies in support of business objectives in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Plan and execute People programs and initiatives, including training sessions, employee engagement, leadership coaching and development, organizational design, team building, and more.
- Support managers and employees by leveraging people programs, processes and systems, educating on policies and best practices.
- Facilitate programs that develop staff & managers at all levels.
- Provide ongoing coaching and development feedback to managers and individual contributors
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations in a consistent, empathetic, and legally sound manner.
- Works closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Consults with line management and employees, providing HR guidance on a variety of topics including policy interpretation and career development.
- Provides day-to-day performance guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions).
- Conduct exit interviews and provides insight/data to Amyris quarterly attrition assessment.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of employment law requirements to ensure Amyris remains compliant.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Human Resources experience or Master’s Degree in HR, I/O Psychology, OD, or related field and 3 years of experience
- PHR certification is a plus
- Preferred specialties in the areas of employee relations, business partner, or organizational development.
- A broad base of human resources experience is a must, as well as, a strong track record and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive collaboration within the HR team and demonstrated ability to impact and influence leaders.
- In-depth experience operating within and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, highly collaborative and passion for and understanding of Amyris business.
- Strong project management, effective organizational skills, business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and analysis with high attention to detail a must.
- Analytically driven; fluent with data-driven analysis.
- Adaptability; ability to handle several tasks at the same time
- Strong communication skills; sharing information with others in an objective and actionable way
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website at www.amyris.com.