Associate Director, Operations Supply Chain Brand
In this role, you will serve as single point of contact for Third Party Manufacturers (TPMs) that are contracted to manufacture products for AbbVie. Establish outsourcing infrastructure, build relationship with TPM, and manage TPM performance through product life cycle. Act as the primary interface between the TPM and AbbVie support areas to build effective communication and working relationships with the Third Party and all relevant AbbVie functions ensuring proper supply of materials and to manage the commitments as stipulated in the contract(s). Provide leadership for supply planning, issue resolution/crisis management, continuous improvements projects, and cost savings opportunities.
- Primary business contact for Third Party Manufacturer. These TPM's may manufacture more than one AbbVie product and represent in excess of $5MM in annual spends. Must travel to TPM sites and establish meaningful working relationships and understanding of the TPM's capabilities and capacities.
- Establish and execute Governance Model with TPM. Partnering with QA lead, ensure Supply Agreement and Quality/Technical agreement (QTA) is implemented and executed effectively, that commitments are being fulfilled by both parties and work to resolution when they are not.
- Communicate delivery and quality metrics to TPM. Develop and implement strategies where possible to address performance issues.
- Participate in negotiations for new contracts or extensions with the Third Parties and assure that contracts are aligned with strategic business objectives. Lead negotiations with TPM on additional service costs, project proposals, extra charges etc.
- Anticipate/communicate issues that threaten the security of supply. Work with AbbVie Brand Team/cross functional team and TPM to identify and develop mitigations plans to address the root cause of the problem.
- Utilize shared business intelligence to evaluate forecasts and remain current on all activities within their assigned product(s), including knowledge of supply chain management, manufacturing processes, regulatory filings, patent status, pipeline products, licensing opportunities, competitor products and on-going projects.
- Manage and initiate program activities to optimize the operational performance and meet business strategic needs for operational excellence, customer satisfaction while ensuring that assurance of supply is achieved.
- May lead or be a Supply Chain representative on an Operations Brand Team and will either be a member of or work closely with the Global Brand Team or similar collaborative cross functional group.
- Execute SRM as defined by AbbVie Purchasing for the supplier's segment.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, or Business Management MBA or higher education desired, but not required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or APICS certification desired, but not required
- 8-12 years of pharmaceutical or medical device experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Science & Technology, Regulatory, Engineering, Quality, Marketing, Business Development and/or Finance
- Demonstrated success as a collaborative team player
- Must have excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of business and technical aspects including compliance, financial analysis, negotiations, and project management
- Proven capability to manage and implement large change management programs
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts and issues simultaneousl y