Senior External Affairs Communicator
About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates. Learn More.
About the Industry: At Gore, our global support teams bring together extensive knowledge and collaborate closely to support our diverse portfolio of products that solve complex problems and perform in the most demanding environments. Learn more about Gore products.
About the Role: We are looking for an experienced external affairs communicator to join our Global Corporate Communications team in Phoenix, Arizona. The successful candidate will strategize, recommend and implement external affairs activities to support Gore’s operations in Phoenix and Flagstaff, Arizona and Silicon Valley, California.
* Working with leaders and other Associates to develop and implement communication strategies, programs and tools that enhance Gore’s reputation and/or respond to topics of interest to the public
* Serving as a member of the Enterprise Communications global incident response and issues management team, providing support for our Medical Products Division and local incident response
* Serving as the spokesperson to the media, the community, and potentially industry associations
* Serving as a skilled, knowledgeable communications consultant, especially in external affairs and issues management
* Coordinating with colleagues and industry associations to monitor and respond to public policy developments on critical topics
* Developing and maintaining processes as needed to identify opportunities to further enhance Gore’s reputation
* Developing and executing strategic media relations programs and proactively developing relationships with appropriate media contacts and relevant industry associations
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum of 10 years experience in corporate communications, which includes substantial experience in external affairs
* Developing and implementing media relations programs for a medical device, pharmaceutical, or corporation in a similarly regulated industry
* Working in communications and external affairs in a large global or heavily matrixed organization, with ability to balance divisional and corporate perspectives
* Working with media on product, safety, public policy and business practice aspects of a multinational corporation, including experience as an official spokesperson responding effectively to probing media inquiries
* Mature judgment and experience working on complex, sensitive topics including the ability to navigate organizationally
* Demonstrated ability to:
* * Develop and execute varied communications strategies for matters of public interest, with a strong understanding of traditional, social and emerging media
* Anticipate areas of risk and respond quickly and appropriately to reputational challenges and crises
* Identify and develop strategies for emerging public policy issues that have the potential to positively or negatively impact Gore's reputation
* Ability to travel up to 35%, including some international travel
* Experience in a science-based, technically-oriented organization
* Experience working on remote teams
* Experience working with product safety, social standards compliance, and corporate social responsibility
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, Health & Well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development.
Learn more about: benefits, diversity, and growth & development.
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity, and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team will be pleased to answer your questions via contact us.