Provide routine analytical support for research and/or development activities across multiple projects.
- Perform routine HPLC analysis on samples of human blood products.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data and may interpret results.
- Perform routine maintenance on instrumentation.
- Prepare stock chemical solutions and standards.
- Execute experiments, as assigned, either independently or as a team member, including experiments to support product claims and regulatory submissions.
- May participate in writing experimental protocols, summaries and technical reports.
- Update/write new SOPs as necessary.
- Monitor reagents and supplies and order as necessary.
- May present results of data at departmental or project meetings.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature.
- Document work in a laboratory notebook and or data capture sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide peer review as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Small molecule chromatography and HPLC experience required.
- Agilent OpenLab ECM database experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Agilent HP 1100/1260 HPLC and ChemStation software preferred but not required.
- Ability to learn new instrumentation and software.
- Must be able to extract and analyze 50 to 100 samples per day.
- Must be willing to work with blood products and potent chemicals.
- Strong mathematics skills, including knowledge of computer software (Excel and Word).