Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Stem Cells)
4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT), a world-leader in Therapeutic Vector Evolution for adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene therapy vector discovery and product development (Emeryville, CA) has a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate opportunity in its Human Disease Cell Modeling team.
You will have the unique opportunity to work on culturing and differentiating human pluripotent stem cells and conduct cellular reprogramming, in addition to performing immunocytochemistry and more. You will have the special opportunity to expand your skillsets in the gene therapy arena, while being helping us discover and develop novel AAV therapeutic vectors to treat a wide range of diseases.
- Conducting independent scientific experiments following defined laboratory technical procedures
- Culturing and differentiating human pluripotent stem cells
- Cellular reprogramming
- Performing immunocytochemistry
- Performing tissue histological procedures involving specimen processing, embedding, sectioning, and staining
- Using fluorescent microscopy for cellular and tissue imaging and analysis
- Using basic molecular biology techniques, DNA and RNA purification, PCR, qPCR, gene cloning, and western blotting
- Contributing to establishing human in vitro disease models
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks
- Maintaining current training requirements
- Maintaining compliance to company Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, and practices
- B.S. or M.S. degree in biology, bioengineering, or a related field
- 3+ years prior experience in biological laboratory experimentation
- Prior experience working with human pluripotent stem cells
- Ability to conduct research with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized and motivated, ability to work independently in a collaborative team-oriented setting, and have strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Photoshop
We are 4D Molecular Therapeutics (4DMT) -- a global leader in gene therapy product research & development using scientific innovation to unlock the full potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic diseases. Our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. While AAV gene therapy pioneers are making great strides with the first wave of products, hurdles still exist with the use of 1st & 2nd generation vectors (naturally occurring primitive viral capsids). 4DMT’s next-generation Therapeutic Vector Evolution platform generates targeted, optimized and proprietary AAV vectors that have the potential to overcome the delivery and immunological challenges currently facing the field, ultimately unlocking the full potential of gene therapy.
We invite all of you who share our passion and vision in creating the ultimate gene therapy products to cure severe genetic and rare diseases with high unmet medical need. We seek the best people in the industry who identify with our mission and innovative results-driven approach. We offer an inspiring and collaborative environment that encourages individual contributions, recognizes performance in multiple ways, offers uniquely generous benefits and provides challenging opportunities for career development.