Service Engineer, Instrumentation & Calibration
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, calibration, and repair of instrumentation and controls systems used in the production manufacturing areas in assigned facilities. Supports design, programming and specification of equipment and implementation of project related instrumentation and controls hardware.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Applies engineering experience to ensure that instrumentation and controls systems used in assigned facilities are properly specified, installed, programmed and calibrated to perform design function. This includes periodic assessment of field device calibration frequencies, and addressing out of tolerance (OOT), accessing instrument performance for replacement/upgrade.
- Troubleshoots analog/digital hardware related problems on process control systems and instrumentation, including distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC's) and single loop analog controllers. This includes related peripherals such as data loggers, scanners, recorders, field I/O devices etc.
- Assists support instrumentation technicians in role as facility instrumentation/controls technical authority. Or analytical instrumentation such as: High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC), Mass Spectrometry (MS), Ultra-Violet Visible Spectroscopy (UV-Vis), including other types of analytical laboratory instrumentation.
- Assists engineering in development of functional specifications for controls programming on major equipment systems including the design of process controls systems. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on various calibration procedures including training and qualifying calibration technicians. Must effectively communicate, document, and schedule all work activities.
- Responsible for maintaining instrumentation and controls equipment in a validated environment including all GxP areas. Assures that instrumentation and controls are of appropriate calibration designation and that red tagged and status coded instrumentation are addressed and repaired within allowable time constraints. Must effectively communicate the status of job activities to management and applicable production support personnel.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Group Leader, Supervisor, or Senior Supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in electronics technology or equivalent is strongly desired. Minimum of two years' experience as a Senior Instrument Technician or the equivalent.
- Must manage activities to meet restrictive timelines. Must have skills in working with people, with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess knowledge of validated systems, applicable engineering standards and an ability to work with facility specific software applications is critical to the job function.
- Ability to work within and promote a team environment