Lead Automation Engineer (DeltaV)
The Automation Engineer will be an integral part of the Automation & IT function in Bristol-Myers Squibb at Devens, MA. The role will serve as a key individual contributor by leading or participating in automation engineering initiatives in support of manufacturing operations, system enhancements and site expansion activities - primarily for Clinical manufacturing and Biologic development operations.
- Design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions.
- Participate in cross functional teams from manufacturing, manufacturing technology, utilities, facilities, quality assurance and validation departments to develop requirements, recommendations and business justification for system modifications.
- Implement control system modifications following standard operating procedures.
- Support/Lead automation system troubleshooting and resolution activities.
- Manage systems integrators, equipment suppliers, contractors and other external vendors. Act as a liaison between external vendors and cross functional site team members.
- Communicate proactively with supervisor and colleagues, highlighting issues and proposing solutions.
- On-call rotating support for IT/Automation systems across the site.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology or similar regulated industries.
- Knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot control systems from the field element up through operator interfaces and databases.
- A minimum of five (5) years' hands-on development experience in DeltaV control system (Batch and/or Continuous).
- Ability to work with plant engineers, manufacturing operators, management and external vendors to manage projects and assignments is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasking environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.