Associate Director, Ecosystem Data Solutions
The Associate Director, Ecosystem Data Solutions sits within the Development Operations Organization and will provide support to functions across Development Operations. The primary function of the Ecosystem Team is to ensure R&D functions maintain a broad view and perspective across all systems and data sources to have an industry leading technology and data-enabled process. This role will work with functional stakeholders to imagine, design and implement key data capabilities that will allow the business to quickly develop accurate insights from evolving, complex data sets. They will be responsible for bringing people, processes & technology together to generate business value. Contribute to clinical study life cycle through precision, speed and innovation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in computer science with both data architecture and statistical modeling skills, project management skills and pharmaceutical experience.
- Design - understand key analytical challenges in pharmaceutical environment and work with key stakeholders across Clinical, Site Management, Development Design Center (DDC), among others, to structure analytical approaches to answer questions of interest. Dynamically design governance and methods to address scientific queries. Defines approach to apply data management concepts and strategies understanding database architecture concepts, and strategies and methods for retrieving data.
- Build - interoperability across all internal functions, with clinical sites, with third-party contributors, and with our patients. Works to break down barriers between silos and provides integrated & holistic view to end users. Links end-user needs to strategy and governance. Facilitates the convergence of technologies used for clinical trial planning and execution.
- Presentation - bridges technology, process, data and innovation efforts across R&D. Bring together data types in compelling visualization packages that provide end users with the ability to see both 'the landscape' and details leading to improved decision-making.
- Transactional System Support - integrate and generate data reports on existing custom and vendor systems. Provide expert technical understanding of clinical trial data and other external databases (e.g. Real World Data, Regulatory, etc.).
- Collaboration - candidate will link stakeholders with the DDC, BTS/IR teams to solve data problems in a simple and agile manner. Manages implementation of and provides quality oversight of projects.
- Strategy - Focuses strategy and execution on improvements in speed, quality and cost of trials. Will apply learnings of effective clinical trial concepts and strategies across all Therapeutic Areas through analytics and metrics.
- BS in statistics, computer sciences or other technology related areas.
- 8+ years of clinical research, analytics-related experience, or computer software experience in database development and reporting
- Experience in data life cycle management of large data sets
- Experience in managing a clinical trial from initiation through to completion is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop strategies for the use of Business Intelligence and Analytical tools (such as SAS, Cognos, Qlik, Spotfire).
- Familiarity with tools and techniques for data analysis, harmonization, and visualization (e.g. Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Seurat)
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams towards task completion.